Vastavam Media & Entertainment Channel is organizing a Worldwide Online Indian Classical Dance Competition, “Vastavam Dance Idol 2020”
- Last date for entry Registrations – 30th September 2020 (extended per numerous requests coming from dancers community)
- Last date for dance/video submission is mentioned in your registration confirmation email.
- The contest is organized in English, NOT in a specific Indian language.
- You can chose any song from any Indian language.
- Any one from anywhere (any country) in the world, who can perform Bharatanatyam or Kuchipudi can participate in this competition.
- 5 years – 40 years is the age limit for the participants.
Vastavam Dance Idol 2020 winners will receive cash prizes in each category (Bharatanatyam & Kuchipudi) as mentioned below.
Seniors group: 17 years & above
First Prize: $500
Juniors group: 16 & Below
First Prize: $300
Second Prize: $200
A jury of judges will judge the performances for auditions, preliminary rounds quarter finals, Semi finals and Final rounds of the competition.
Contestants who are selected in the auditions, will be placed into the preliminary rounds of the competition. Those who are selected in preliminary rounds, will move to quarter finals, from there to semifinals. Winners from semifinals will be competing for the title in the grand finals.
The Judges will make the final decision and arguments of any kind will not be entertained in the decision making. Contestants are strictly prohibited to contact the judges for any thing related to the ‘Vastavam Dance Idol 2020′ competition.
Follow the below instructions to contest in this world wide Indian classical dance competition.
- Register with your details and a payment of $30 by using the online form at the below hyper link.
2. You would get a registration and payment confirmation email in 2-3 days once your payment is processed. Please wait until you get this confirmation email with instructions on submitting your dance video and due date for video submission. Then you can start recording your video.
3. Video Record your dance by following the guidelines as mentioned below. Any videos without following these guidelines would be rejected and you will have to re-record the videos.
* Duration of the dance/song should be less than 6 minutes. If the dance/song is for more than 6 minutes you do not cut the song, as judges have to watch it completely. Just submit the full performance to us, and we will edit it to fit into our regular episode duration, once the judgement is completed.
* Video size should be 16:9 (aspect ratio) (you can set this option in your phone or camera settings)
* Video resolution 1920 x 1080 (you can set this HD option in your phone or camera settings)
* Camera/phone should be in horizontal orientation and should be fixed on a tripod or on a fixed surface. Do not hold your camera or phone in hand to record.
* Do not use any special effects in video recording, we can not process such videos with special effects.
* Make sure that there is adequate lighting in the room where you record the video.
* Try to use a video camcorder or DSLR, or cell phone would be the least option, but ultimate goal is a clear video with good quality of audio.
*The dancer should be clearly visible head to toe in the video and there should not be any kind of special effects, or transitions or graphics in the video.
*Camera position should be horizontal and at the eye-level of the singer.
*Audio should be very clear with no background noise.
*Blurry or shaky videos will be rejected.
*In the video first Introduce yourself and give 30 seconds to 60 seconds pause/gap before starting the dance. Give 30 sec pause/gap after your dance is complete and do a Namaskar. Give 10 sec pause/gap after Namaskar and say thanks to Vastavam team and the judges.
* You can separately record Dance, Namaskar and Thanks video clips or you can record all in one single video. But don’t forget to record you just looking at camera with smile or feeling like you are listening to the judges comments on your performance. Your expressions will be used in video editing.
4. These three video shots will be used to make an interactive video in the editing of the final video which will be telecast on vastavam youtube channel.
5. Once the video recording is completed, name the video file with dancer first, last name and phone number. (Ex: Sravya-Sunkara-4045056066.mp4)
6. Email your video to email@example.com. The video file (.mp4) is a large file, it will be automatically uploaded to google drive and the link will be sent to us. From which we will download the video.
7. You have a choice of using a different dance performances in preliminaries, quarters, semis and finals. But it’s not a mandatory.
8. The completed episodes will be published to http://www.youtube.com/vastavam You Tube channel on a weekly basis.
10. Subscribe to the vastavam YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/vastavam and click the notification button so that you will be notified when your performance is published.
Please make sure that you read all the rules and regulations mentioned below for this contest.
For any queries and further details please contact vastavam team by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any contestant who registers for ‘Vastavam Dance Idol 2020’ online Indian classical Dance competition will agree for all the rules mentioned here.
1. The entire contest at its full length will be telecast on vastavam media channels in the form of episodes in YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, telegram and website (www.vastavam.net). Each episode will show 5 contestants dances and judges judging their performance. Contestants will be placed in the episodes in the order the registrations & dance videos are received.
2. Participant’s proof of address will be verified after auditions before allowing to quarter finals.
3. Judges will make the final decision in the contest in all rounds and no arguments of any kind related to the judges decision is allowed. Contestants must respect the judges decision and should not discuss about their judgement in any form like in email, social media etc..
4. By registering for ‘Vastavam Dance Idol 2020’ online classical dance contest you agree that ‘vastavam media & entertainment’ channel and it’s team, judges, sponsors, or our affiliates will not be held liable for any reason to you or to any third party for any such herein or by law.
5. If the videos are not received as per the deadline and per the video requirements mentioned in the registration confirmation email, the entries will be treated as no-show entries. The no-show entries will not be placed in the contest and the registration fee will NOT be refunded.
6. The registration fee will not be refunded in any circumstances unless organizers cancel the contest for any un-avoidable circumstances. A communication will be sent with all details along with the fee refund if that situation occurs.